WordPress Portland – 10up Needs WordPress Theme Layout Designers!
This is a guest post from Jeremy Felt, a local developer and active member of the meetup group. If you’d like to make an announcement to the group, let us know.
At 10up, we enjoy spending our time working on creative solutions for all of the crazy things that we run into throughout a project’s process. Our goal is always to craft a final product that exceeds expectations and aligns itself seamlessly with the end user’s workflow.
Our latest objective includes producing a large number of layouts that can be used for WordPress themes in a relatively short amount of time. We’ll need to imagine the layout, produce it in PSD format, and then cut it into HTML/CSS before plugging it into WordPress.
To achieve this, we’re looking to hire front end developers on a contract basis over the next couple months to help us pound these out. We’ll be working inside a very well scoped guideline and will need to do our best to stay creative and productive at the same time.
If you’re interested, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Good Photoshop Chops. This includes bringing your copy of Photoshop to the party.
- Good eye for simple design. A lot of the differences between layouts will be minimal, but significant enough to differentiate between others.
- Good CSS and HTML skills. We’re looking for you to help move each layout to reality as it is designed.
- Examples of past work. Whether PSDs or completely built out WordPress themes. Let us know what you’re capable of.
- Full time (or close) availability to work for a couple months running in July, August and September.
- Ability to make your way to some downtown Portland location several times a week or more for the day so that we can attack this as a group and stay on the same page.
And that’s it. If you’re interested, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) introducing yourself and include a few examples of work. We’ll go from there!
If you’re on the fence, send an email anyway. Also feel free to reach out to any of the PDX 10uppers (@jeremyfelt, @tollmanz, @tddewey) if you want to chat about opportunities in person. We’re always looking for the next member of our awesome team!