Tonight we held our first meeting. Attendance was around 40 people from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels that ranged from one attendee who doesn’t yet have a blog but is interested all the way up through seasoned developers. Here’s a summary of some decisions and directions that were discussed:
- Here we are. This is our blog presence. Subscribe to the RSS Feed and keep track of what’s going on.
- A volunteer group is designing a theme for our site. We decided to launch the site immediately so we can begin publishing content; we’ll polish up the look and feel in the next few weeks.
- We have a Twitter account: @pdxwp – we’re still deciding how to use it, and may throw this up as an item for discussion (on another blog post here).
- Meetings will normally be held on the third Thursday of the month, from 6:00-7:30pm, at CubeSpace. A big thanks to CubeSpace for hosting us!
- The February meeting will be on Thursday the 12th since the normal meeting day conflicts with Ignite Portland. RSVP for the February meeting on Upcoming.
- The user group will be a good base from which to plan WordCamp Portland 2009, date To Be Determined.
- We discussed a variety of meeting topic ideas. Stay tuned to find out what will be featured and when.
- The idea of a Genius Bar available at each meeting was popular, with some folks offering to share their expertise for anyone who comes with questions.
Keep an eye on this site for more information. A big thanks to all in attendance, I can’t wait to see what develops.