Are you wondering about how copyright affects your blog? How can you find images to use on your site while respecting the photographer’s copyright? Curious about how much trouble you could find yourself in if you use an image without permission?
Photographer and blogger Aaron Hockley will discuss Copyright for Bloggers at this month’s meeting. With many years of experience as both a photographer and a blogger, you’ll learn:
- A quick overview of US copyright law
- How copyright affects the use of images and other media on a blog
- What could happen if one uses an image without proper licensing
- Options for finding free and low-cost images for use on a blog
- What can one do if they find someone else is using their content
The presentation will likely run about 30 minutes with time for questions and answers as well.
Aaron Hockley is a Vancouver, Washington photographer and blogger who spends a lot of time thinking and writing about the intersection of those two activities. He has presented at BlogWorld & New Media Expo, several WordCamps, and other user groups and panels throughout the Northwest.
Note: Aaron’s not a lawyer, and this session is not intended as legal advice.