Tonight we had a panel discussion on how three different companies take their Code (Theme, Plugin, etc.) and get into production. Tools and web sites mentioned include:
- git – distributed version control system
- MAMP – a local web server for Mac with Apache, MySQL and PHP
- WPengine – web hosting and more for WordPress sites
- Asana – enables teamwork without email
- WP-CLI – a command line interface for WordPress
- Subversion – enterprise class centralized version control for the masses
- Vagrant – development environments made easy
- vmware – virtualization of operating systems
- Capistrano – remote multi-server automation tool
- bash – a scripting language
- Sass – CSS with superpowers
- Bedrock – WordPress development stack from Roots
One thought on “Recap: December 16, 2013”
That’s like a “before” picture for the packed room. It filled up pretty well a little bit later.
Comments are closed.