Monday, November 13, 2017
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
U.S. Bancorp Tower Conference Rooms
111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR
Tired of the “out-of-the-box” font(s) available in your WordPress theme? Have a client demanding a specific font? Want to make your website more welcoming and unique?
The right font can dramatically improve a website’s appearance and usability. In cases where the client’s printed materials sport a unique font, adding it to the website will help create the look the client wants.
In this MeetUp, Mary Ann Aschenbrenner will walk us through adding fonts from Adobe Typekit, other non-Google sources, and Google Fonts. We will go over plugins that can help and CSS styling. What to avoid and resources will be covered. Everything will be illustrated by live website examples.
- 6:00 – 6:15: Introductions. What you do, are you looking to hire, are you looking for work?
- 6:15 – 6:45: Speaker and topic.
- 6:45 – 7:00: Questions and answers on the topic.
- 7:00 – 8:00: Get help with WordPress. Bring your laptop for this part. There’s a wide range of experience levels, and we’re all here to help each other.
- 8:00: Soft Close. You may hang out a bit longer to talk or finish up a project, but the official Meetup will end.
To find us:
The room is on the ground floor. To the right of the elevators, go through the glass doors where it says Conference Center. Then go down the hall to the room labeled Training Room.
Please RSVP on Meetup so we know how many people to expect. We hope to see you there!