Monday, August 6, 2018
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
U.S. Bancorp Tower Conference Rooms
111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR
Does the European Union’s new General Data Protection Regulation affect my WordPress site?
In May the European Union enacted a sweeping internet privacy law that affects any website that collects data from EU web users. Violations of the new GDPR rules can result in exorbitant fines.
Charlie Sattgast will give an overview of what the law says, how the new regulation affects your WordPress sites, what WordPress has (and has not) done to be ready for the new requirements, and which holes you still need to plug to keep yourself from being vulnerable to violations.
Charlie is a front-end developer, owner of an online training company, and manages multiple WordPress sites.
- 6:00 – 6:15: Introductions. What you do, are you looking to hire, are you looking for work?
- 6:15 – 6:45: Speaker and topic.
- 6:45 – 7:00: Questions and answers on the topic.
- 7:00 – 8:00: Get help with WordPress. Bring your laptop for this part. There’s a wide range of experience levels, and we’re all here to help each other.
- 8:00: Soft close. You may hang out a bit longer to talk or finish up a project, but the official Meetup will end.
- 8:30: Socialize at Bailey’s Taproom (213 SW Broadway). Let us know if you’re interested in joining!
To find us:
Training Room on the ground floor (to the right of the elevators and through the glass doors).
Thanks to Digital Trends for providing the venue!
Please RSVP on Meetup so we know how many people to expect. We hope to see you there!