Monday, September 9, 2019
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
U.S. Bancorp Tower Conference Rooms
111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR
Goal of the presentation is to form an understanding of what page builders for WordPress websites are and what they do. Five of the most popular are compared in terms of feature set and cost. The presentation will conclude with a demonstration of page builders and some of their more interesting and powerful features.
This talk will be led by Patrick Finney, Principal of Bent Oak Marketing.
A technical background with a BS in Physics nonetheless lead me into marketing, mainly of very technical products. Over 35 years I worked for large employers like Fairchild, Tektronix, and FLIR Systems, as well as smaller startups. Began in digital marketing writing content; I founded Bent Oak Marketing, a full service agency serving small businesses exclusively, in 2015.
- 6:00 – 6:15: Introductions. What you do, are you looking to hire, are you looking for work?
- 6:15 – 6:45: Speaker and topic.
- 6:45 – 7:00: Questions and answers on the topic.
- 7:00 – 8:00: Get help with WordPress. Bring your laptop for this part. There’s a wide range of experience levels, and we’re all here to help each other.
- 8:00: Soft close. You may hang out a bit longer to talk or finish up a project, but the official Meetup will end.
- 8:30: Socialize at Bailey’s Taproom (213 SW Broadway). Let us know if you’re interested in joining!
How to find us:
We’ll be in the Training Room on the ground floor. From the lobby, go to the right of the elevators and through the glass doors.
Thanks to Digital Trends for providing the venue!
Please RSVP on Meetup so we know how many people to expect. We hope to see you there!