Monday, November 4, 2019
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
U.S. Bancorp Tower Conference Rooms
111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR
For this meetup, we’re going to try something a little different. Instead of a slide presentation, we’re going to have a panel discussion on ethics in WordPress. The panel will consist of the 3 Dougs (Knoyle, Rider, and Yuen), Laura Smith-Walker, and Misty Pine will be our moderator.
We expect this to be a more interactive meetup than usual. Feel free to leave topic suggestions and upvote topics in the Meetup event comments, so we can see what you’re most interested in.
Some possible topics:
- Privacy and GDPR – data collection, storage, security, etc.
- Theme/plugin licensing and the GPL – adhering to license rules, piracy, etc.
- The consultant/client relationship – responsibilities, outsourcing, how much access clients should have, etc.
- 6:00 – 6:15: Introductions. What you do, are you looking to hire, are you looking for work, what do you need help with?
- 6:15 – 6:45: Speaker(s) and topic.
- 6:45 – 7:00: Questions and answers on the topic.
- 7:00 – 8:00: Network and get help with WordPress. Bring your laptop for this part. There’s a wide range of experience levels, and we’re all here to help each other.
- 8:00: Soft close. You may hang out a bit longer to talk or finish up a project, but the official Meetup will end.
- 8:30: Socialize at Bailey’s Taproom (213 SW Broadway). They have a big selection of beers and a few non-alcoholic drinks. You can order food at Santeria next door and they will bring it to your table at Bailey’s. A bunch of us walk over as a group right after we close up the room, but you’re welcome to head over earlier too.
How to find us:
We’ll be in the Training Room on the ground floor. From the lobby, go to the right of the elevators and through the glass doors.
Thanks to Digital Trends for providing the venue!
Please RSVP on Meetup so we know how many people to expect. We hope to see you there!