Last week, Michael Fields, a Theme Wrangler for Automattic, walked about 50 of us through what’s coming in WordPress 3.6:
Your quick summary of what should be coming:
- Post formats are front and center of the publishing experience, and you’ll have a new theme to test them out.
- A login modal window appears if your login session expires while you’re composing a post.
- WordPress pays better attention to who is editing what post, indicates such in the admin, and lets you “take over” editing of the post.
- The Revisions UI received a complete overhaul. It’s now much easier to find content saved in a previous version.
- Easier, more intuitive menu management.
- Extended support for embedding rich media from services like Rdio and Spotify.
- … along with dozens, if not hundreds, of bug fixes, performance improvements, and general enhancements.
WordPress 3.6 was originally scheduled to be released right around this time. As always in shipping software, it’s taking a bit more effort than expected. We hope to see it out the door in the very near future!