Monday, April 9, 2018
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
U.S. Bancorp Tower Conference Rooms
111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR
In this Meetup Gabe Smith will teach us all about the WordPress 2017 theme. As well as how to change a copyright in the WordPress 2017 theme or in any theme; how to embed any size video in any page of any theme; how to add custom colors, custom headers, custom page content, custom footers or background images to menu bars. Also, we will focus on how to add widgets to single column themes, or take them away. Additionally, if he has the time, Gabe will show you fun things you can do with HTML, even if you don’t know how to write it!
- 6:00 – 6:15: Introductions. What you do, are you looking to hire, are you looking for work?
- 6:15 – 6:45: Speaker and topic.
- 6:45 – 7:00: Questions and answers on the topic.
- 7:00 – 8:00: Get help with WordPress. Bring your laptop for this part. There’s a wide range of experience levels, and we’re all here to help each other.
- 8:00: Soft close. You may hang out a bit longer to talk or finish up a project, but the official Meetup will end.
- 8:30: Socialize at Bailey’s Taproom (213 SW Broadway). Let us know if you’re interested in joining!
To find us:
To the right of the elevators on the ground floor, go through the glass doors labeled Conference Center. We’ll be in the Training Room down the hall.
Please RSVP on Meetup so we know how many people to expect. We hope to see you there!