Monday, May 7, 2018
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
U.S. Bancorp Tower Conference Rooms
111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR
WordPress’s 5.0 release is one of the biggest updates that WordPress has ever seen. Andrew Taylor from Pantheon will walk us through this update. The most noticeable change will be an overhaul of the entire editing experience with the introduction of the new editor, code name Gutenberg, merged into WordPress. We will discuss what the new editor is, how to use it, and why you should embrace the change rather than fear it.
- 6:00 – 6:15: Introductions. What you do, are you looking to hire, are you looking for work?
- 6:15 – 6:45: Speaker and topic.
- 6:45 – 7:00: Questions and answers on the topic.
- 7:00 – 8:00: Get help with WordPress. Bring your laptop for this part. There’s a wide range of experience levels, and we’re all here to help each other.
- 8:00: Soft close. You may hang out a bit longer to talk or finish up a project, but the official Meetup will end.
- 8:30: Socialize at Bailey’s Taproom (213 SW Broadway). Let us know if you’re interested in joining!
To find us:
To the right of the elevators on the ground floor, go through the glass doors labeled Conference Center. We’ll be in the Training Room down the hall.
Please RSVP on Meetup so we know how many people to expect. We hope to see you there!