Monday, June 4, 2018
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
U.S. Bancorp Tower Conference Rooms
111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR
There’s nothing worse that having an “SEO Person” get hired behind you, and having them criticize the hard work you’ve done. In this presentation Scott Hendison will cover an assortment of “SEO best practices” for good search engine optimization, and setting up WordPress correctly. He’ll also get more specific covering many of the Yoast SEO options, which aside from Hello Dolly, may be the most widely installed WordPress plugin of all time.
Learn how to optimize your WordPress site for Search Engine traffic and/or determine if the “SEO Person” you hired is doing their job. Scott is a board member of SEMpdx and founder of Search Commander Inc.
- 6:00 – 6:15: Introductions. What you do, are you looking to hire, are you looking for work?
- 6:15 – 6:45: Speaker and topic.
- 6:45 – 7:00: Questions and answers on the topic.
- 7:00 – 8:00: Get help with WordPress. Bring your laptop for this part. There’s a wide range of experience levels, and we’re all here to help each other.
- 8:00: Soft close. You may hang out a bit longer to talk or finish up a project, but the official Meetup will end.
- 8:30: Socialize at Bailey’s Taproom (213 SW Broadway). Let us know if you’re interested in joining!
To find us:
To the right of the elevators on the ground floor, go through the glass doors labeled Conference Center. We’ll be in the Training Room down the hall.
Thanks to Digital Trends for providing the venue!
Please RSVP on Meetup so we know how many people to expect. We hope to see you there!