Monday, July 1, 2019
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
U.S. Bancorp Tower Conference Rooms
111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR
If you have a website, someone is always looking for a back door to get in.
Dealing with a hacked WordPress website is a time-consuming, expensive, and emotionally draining experience. No one should have to go through this.
During this meetup, you’ll learn six ways to strengthen WordPress from an attack from happening in the first place.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Why it’s important to regularly update your plugins
- Stop being cheap when it comes to web hosting
- Changing the default “admin” username
- Using long and complex passwords
- Keeping daily offsite backups
- Adding an extra layer of protection from attacks
This talk will be led by Chuck Spidell of ILLUSIO, a Nonprofit WordPress Strategist. He gives nonprofits peace of mind knowing their WordPress site won’t get hacked.
His team also helps nonprofits transform their outdated website so it looks amazing, is easy to use, saves time, and helps users find what they want.
- 6:00 – 6:15: Introductions. What you do, are you looking to hire, are you looking for work?
- 6:15 – 6:45: Speaker and topic.
- 6:45 – 7:00: Questions and answers on the topic.
- 7:00 – 8:00: Get help with WordPress. Bring your laptop for this part. There’s a wide range of experience levels, and we’re all here to help each other.
- 8:00: Soft close. You may hang out a bit longer to talk or finish up a project, but the official Meetup will end.
- 8:30: Socialize at Bailey’s Taproom (213 SW Broadway). Let us know if you’re interested in joining!
How to find us:
We’ll be in the Training Room on the ground floor. From the lobby, go to the right of the elevators and through the glass doors.
Thanks to Digital Trends for providing the venue!
Please RSVP on Meetup so we know how many people to expect. We hope to see you there!